SUZANNE DE JONG
HONS.BA, AACI, P.App
Vice President of Commercial Operations at Metrix Southwest Inc.
Suzanne grew up in Mississauga, Ontario and graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree specializing in Urban Development from the University of Western Ontario in 1989. Realising her love for London she decided to remain in the city and seek experience in the real estate appraisal field. Suzanne obtained her CRA designation in 1993 and went on to receive her AACI in 2003. Suzanne currently balances her time as a member of commercial appraisal team at Metrix Realty Group and also actively mentors several junior staff members.
Suzanne’s appraisal experience spans from 1989 and has included apartment, office, retail commercial, industrial and residential development land. She works with a broad range of clients including financial institutions, real estate development firms, insurance companies, lawyers, accountants, and local investors. Suzanne enjoys interacting with clients and providing assistance. She has significant experience appraising unique properties with title issues and enjoys the challenge of developing a reasonable solution. She also has experience providing expert witness testimony at the Board of Negotiation and at the Ontario Municipal Board.
Suzanne has been actively involved with the Appraisal Institute of Canada at the Local, Provincial and National Level since 1996. She has served on the Executive of the London Chapter of the Appraisal Institute of Canada since 1996, is a past and current Member of the Executive Board of Directors for the Ontario Association, and is the past chair of the Appraisal Institute of Canada Applied Experience Sub Committee that worked closely with The University of British Columbia and the Sauders School of Business to develop an applied experience program for Candidates working towards their designations within the Appraisal Institute of Canada. In 2015, Suzanne was awarded The Presidents Award of Excellence by the Ontario Association of Appraisal Institute of Canada.
In her spare time, Suzanne loves the outdoors, antique shopping and most importantly making and eating good food. With her family and friends, she likes to spend time at the cottage and travelling to warm climates.
Accredited Member Appraisal Institute of Canada, #701427
Bachelor of Arts - University of Western Ontario, 1989
Major Course Emphasis - Honours Geography - Urban Development
Knowles Lambert Canning Rosevear/Valco Consultants - 1992/1998
The L.J. Simmons Group - 1990/1992
R.W. Hughes & Associates - 1989/1990
Coldwell Banker Real Estate - Toronto - 1988
City of Toronto Planning Department - 1987
Metrix Realty Group Experience
Vice President of Commercial Appraisal Operations - London, ON - 1998 to present
Assist in general management, scheduling of commercial work assignments, mentoring candidate appraisers, commercial client development
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preparation of comprehensive appraisal reports for vacant land, investment, mixed use, residential, industrial and commercial properties;
· Preparation of expropriation appraisal assignments;
· Discounted Cash Flow Analysis using Argus Financial software;
· Subdivision Development Analysis;
· Valuation of Leasehold Interests;
· Qualified to provide expert witness testimony in property valuation.
Memberships and Affiliations
· Past Director of the London Chapter of the Appraisal Institute of Canada
· Past and Current Member of the Executive Board of Directors for the Ontario Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, 1999-2005, 2016-.
· Past Chair of the Ontario Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada Admissions Committee.
· Past Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada Learning Advisory Committee
· Past Chair of the Appraisal Institute of Canada Applied Experience Sub-Committee
519.672.7550 Ext. 225