DANIEL J. VAN HOUTTE
MRICS, AACI, P.App, PLE
Chief Executive Officer and President OF Metrix Southwest Inc.
Dan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree with major emphasis in Urban Geography and Economics from the University of Western Ontario in 1988. Upon graduation he was hired by Simmons Group, becoming a partner in 1994. In 2006 the firm became Metrix Southwest, part of the Metrix Realty Group, with Dan as the sole owner.
Dan has extensive experience providing expert witness testimony before various courts, boards, and other tribunals in Ontario. He has appraised a wide range of commercial property, including several major development and infrastructure projects. As well as being an accredited member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, Dan is also a Licensed Real Estate Broker, a Professional Land Economist, and a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Dan, and his wife of over 30 years, Sandra, have four children and enjoy travelling the world.
Accredited Member Appraisal Institute of Canada #A700819
Member of Ontario Expropriation Association
Member of International Right Of Way Association
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Professional Land Economist
Bachelor of Arts - University of Western Ontario, 1988.
Major Course Emphasis: Urban Geography, Economics
Successfully completed the Real Estate Appraisal Institute Courses – 1989-1992
Fee appraiser since 1988, granted AACI designation September 1995.
Metrix Southwest Inc.
Chief Executive Officer and President
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· General management, scheduling work assignments, mentoring, client development.
· Implementation of information technology and training.
· Preparation of comprehensive appraisal reports for investment, mixed use, residential,
industrial and commercial properties;
· Preparation of expropriation appraisal assignments;
· Valuation of special purpose properties;
· Discounted Cash Flow Analyses - utilizing Argus financial software;
· Aggregate Property Valuations;
· Subdivision Development Analyses;
· Valuation of Leasehold Interests;
· Market analysis and Feasibility Studies;
· Rental Studies - Commercial/Office/Industrial Buildings;
· Zoning Impact Studies;
· Expert witness testimony before various courts, boards, and other tribunals;
· Case analysis for damage, loss of use and injurious affection claims;
· Assessment review
· First Nations land claims
519.672.7550 Ext. 226